Subject:   RE: Graphing Tool
Author: Annie
Date: Jun 26 2006
>How can you eliminate students from playing with the tool?

But gosh, wouldn't you be thrilled if they actually played with a math tool?
:-)  If they were mucking around with that instead of wandering off to some
other non-math page, that would be pretty awesome!

But I agree also with the other folks that eventually you want to have some
goals.  I can see then giving the class general tasks like "I want to see
everyone's runners moving the same way."  "I want to see the guy move faster
than the girl."  "Everyone make both people finish the course in less than 50
seconds."  Those are pretty open-ended, in that there are a whole lot of ways
to do it, but it gives you, as the teacher, an idea if kids are getting how the
whole situation works in general.

        -Annie

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help