Subject:   RE: Graphing Tool
Author: Shar1963
Date: Jun 26 2006
On Jun 26 2006, szane3 wrote:
> One of the discoveries that intrigued me was that runners moving in
> opposite directions resulted in lines that had a slope that was
> positive if the runner ran to the right and negative if the runner
> ran toward the left. When entering the step size on the applet,
> however, negative numbers were not used.

I am wondering why we use negative and positive - is to indicate some opposite
condition?
Well I'm wondering if the graphical representation actually shows this opposite
condition as such the need for negative and positive becomes less important.
It's as if the communication is already clear and further clarification in the
form of a negative sign will be unnecessary repetition.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help