Subject:   RE: Runners Activity: Some Observations
Author: ihor
Date: Jun 28 2006
Craig wrote;
...perpendicular lines on a graph are pretty much for aesthetics only, and a
nice
tie-in to geometry.  However, in the context of a distance versus time
graph,
perpendicularity is practically meaningless...

I'm not sure that Rene Descartes would completely agree with you, but I get your
point and it is significant area of learning for students. Looking through the
algebra 1 lens there's a strong (maybe too strong) inclination on my part to
keep the X and Y axes the same.

-Ihor

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help