Subject:   RE: First Impressions of Dimenxian
Author: VJ
Date: Sep 14 2006
There are now two disussion items from the original: (1) the first was that
chess does not encourage, sustain or create evidence to show a transfer of
knowledge in math, (2) the second, as listed below, that ALL games are utterly
devoid of worth of learning. These two are separate and distinct, one a result
of direct experience with a specific game (over we may presume the course of
some 30 years), the other a sweeping generalization not inferred or implied by
the original.
On Sep 13 2006, markovchaney wrote:
> Does the fact that folks may have believe erroneously in a transfer
> of knowledge from chess to mathematics or critical thinking (I
> wonder who was so foolish) prove or even strongly suggest that all
> games are utterly devoid of worth in learning to think about math or
> other things?

I'd hate to think that someone would close his mind
> to all games as tools for learning based on the example of chess.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Dimenxian tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help