Subject:   RE: First Impressions of Dimenxian
Author: Mathman
Date: Sep 15 2006
On Sep 14 2006, QB wrote:
> How does a teacher assess if
> the studnets are benefitting/learning from these games?  Their
> scores, their willingness to play?

I personally have no idea.  They only get one shot [pardon the pun.]  A student
trying two approaches has the advantage or disadvantage of one before the other,
so they can not be studied independently as to relative successfulness, unless
statistically on some large samples of different groups of students of
statistically average same capabilities, and by then it could be too late for
some. That's not goin to happen.  The school structure allows for only one
chance.  I'd take the better one that is better only in my own opinion as a
teacher, and formerly successful student.

The truth is known only in ensuing years, and even then depends upon the
difficulty at that level as well as individual motivation.  We don't all move on
unconditionally, or we'd all have PhDs in everything.  ...Too many factors allow
for too much play in the meantime.

David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Dimenxian tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help