Subject:   RE: Does step size really equal speed?
Author: ANITASUSON
Date: May 2 2007
KT8:

I am a little confused about your wish to replace the values on the x-axis
with number of steps.  I thought the relationship was supposed to illustrate the
concept that the distance you travel depends on the rate you are going
multiplied by the time it takes you (subsuming the issues of "slow versus fast"
and "big versus small" steps).  The steps are supposed to represent the
proportionality of the change, not absolute numbers. In my view, it's to help
you compare the two runners and make predictions.  Another way to look at it
algebraically is just to say the number of steps represents the slope of that
runner's line.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help