Subject:   student engaged
Author: wanac
Date: Jun 21 2009
Any teacher can give a student a premade graph and ask them questions about it.
But, when a student is given the chance to make their own graph and then answer
questions, it gives them real ownership of their learning.  It also gives
students a chance to talk and compare graphs.  Why did I create the graph I did?
Is it possible for two students to have different looking graphs but their lines
have the same slope?  Students need hands on activities and visual opportunities
to help with their understanding of the material.  Their student made graphs can
look at slopes, intersections between the lines and intersections with the axes.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Understanding Distance, Speed, and Time Relationships Using Simulation Software tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help