Subject:   RE: Secondary Math Posters
Author: Mathsoul
Date: Oct 6 2008
Susan back on Aug 25 2005, you wrote here about an incredibly difficulty in
finding good math posters, beyond elementary level.  Someone responded to your
message and recommended the excellent London underground posters.

I read your post some time ago now, and amongst other things your message
encouraged me to have a range of educational math motivational posters
professionally designed and made available for teachers. The first of these, the
My-Story range, are now available and have been well received by quite a
number of secondary schools (student age 13 - 17) in New Zealand where my
marketing has been focussed to date. I would appreciate your taking a look at
them and offering a view too.

The My-Story range are intended to help teachers 'market math to students' (if
you can accept that language), by showing eye-catchig youug adult role models
benefiting in their occupations from the classroom math that they learned. As a
secondary objective these math posters provide opportunity to explore various
aspects of math as well, such as the Steve math poster (recursive functions and
logs), or Zina, Forrext and Celia math posters (linear algebra and transition
between equations, graphs and tables), or Naomi math poster (platonic solids,
ratios, and trig) etc.

Because your comments encouraged me some time ago, I would like to send a couple
of these Mathsoul My-Story math posters to you free of charge for your
evaluation, if you let me have your current school address.

Warm regard
David Brown
Member NZAMT (New Zealand Association of Maths Teachers)
David@mathsoul.com
www.mathsoul.com

> On Aug 24 2005, molson wrote:
> Hi,
I am having an incredibly
> difficulty time finding any useful
> math related posters for my
> classroom.  I teach Algebra II and
> Advanced Functions, and would
> love some simple posters which revolve
> around factoring,
> polynomials, functions, logarithms, trigonometry,
> etc.
> Everything I'm finding at the moment is for the elementary
>
> classroom!
I'd appreciate any help/suggestions.
Thanks!

The
> best posters I've seen are the London Underground posters.  These
> are a series of math posters that were created for the London
> Underground a few years back.  You have to order them from England
> though, and they take a while to get.  The best idea is to order
> them with a credit card so that the pound/dollar conversion is taken
> care of.  Also, they are not cheap, so get your school to help.  Go
> to:
http://www.m-

a.org.uk/resources/publications/other_resources/#Posters%20from%20the%20London%20Underground
> to see them, and then click on order form to order.
Good luck!

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Support Materials in Algebra II discussion
Visit related discussions:
Algebra II
Support Materials

Discussion Help