Subject:   Spreadsheets here on earth
Author: Craig Russell
Date: Mar 17 2003
Susan,
One of the uses for spreadsheets I have used with "regular" students was in a
post-algebra 2 elective, for students who didn't want to take pre-calculus
for various reasons.  We did some "discrete dynamical systems" (basically
coupled recursively-defined systems).  In COMAP's Math Modeling Our World
Course 1 (this curriculum is intended for ALL students, roughly equivalent to an
Algebra 1 course), Unit 4 uses spreadsheets to fit curves to data, and to
analyze errors in curve fitting.

yes  no

Discussion Help