Subject:   grade level ?
Author: Don
Date: Apr 23 2003
Alice,

What ages or grade levels do you have in mind?  At what point would software
switch from being entertaining (to encourage usage, hence learning) to being
tools (to permit rapid investigations)?  Okay, by my very question, I've
revealed a belief that there is a role for both, and that removing game-like
aspects is appropriate at some point.  I've been struck by how readily my sons
have wanted to use "grown-up" software tools, but only after they had reached
an age where they recognized the difference.

yes  no

Discussion Help