Subject:   What is a Limit?
Author: Gene
Date: Sep 6 2003
http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool.html?co=c&tp=15.1&id=1146&new_id=1133

This is a Flash Animation that goes through some examples and the basic ideas
step-by-step. My impression is that it should be very good for students
struggling with the concept, since they can go forward or backward one step at a
time.

(My course is not so theoretical that I do much with limits, but I at least want
to give students a shot at seeing what one of the most important fundamental
underpinnings is like.)

Larry Husch' "Visual Calculus Project" has a number of other similar units
linked to by Math Tools.

yes  no

Discussion Help