Subject:   Bland Altman Plot
Author: Pet Tan
Date: Sep 12 2003
Dear All,

I would like to ask for information about the bland altman plot. I am not a math
person so I am not familiar with it. I want to compare the results obtained from
different sets of duplicate samples BUT using two different collecting/storage
tubes (tubes 1 and 2). I was told that using mean, SD and %CV is not the right
way to determine the suitability for using tube 2 to subsitute tube 1 but that
using the Bland Altman Plot is the appropriate way to do it. Could anyone please
explain the principle behind this type of plot and how am I going to interprete
it? I thank you in advance for any comments/advice that you can give me.

Best wishes!

yes  no

Discussion Help