Subject:   Some Favorite Calculus Tools
Author: Ursula
Date: Sep 19 2003
I spent this summer cataloguing different web resources for the calculus section
of the Math Tools site. Here are various applets, Flash games, etc. that I
particularly liked.

http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool.html?co=c&new_id=1099
Derivative Pong, Ralph Irons (Surfin' Sinefeld)
I enjoyed playing this calculus game (though some of the derivatives are hard!)
It might make a good form of drill, especially if students have access to
computers outside class.

http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool.html?co=c&new_id=1105
Surfin' Powers of x
A cute way to see the connection between the derivative as a function and the
derivative as a tangent line.  (The music can be rather startling, though-- I
sometimes turn my sound off before looking at this site.)

http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool.html?co=c&id=1105&new_id=1176
Eggmath: Embryo Calculus
Doubling cells lead to exponential functions and their derivatives.  An
interesting application as well as some nicely focussed applets.

http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool.html?co=c&id=1053&context=tool&new_id=1051
The MovingMan Project
This applet has an entire set of lessons and worksheets associated with it to
help students understand concepts of distance, velocity, and acceleration.

a href=" http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool.html?co=c&new_id=1196
The Integrator
All the power of Mathematica behind your integrals!  I've often used this site
as a physics student.

yes  no

Discussion Help