Subject:   RE: Lower-order & higher-order knowledge and skills
Author: Craig
Date: Aug 3 2004
I don't know about lower-order vs. higher order KNOWLEDGE, and I (think) I
even take issue with the idea of "skills" as something computers do.  I do see
the value of throwing out the statement as a discussion starter.  I like to
think of technology as providing a form of synergy--the learner, interacting
with technology, develops a conceptual framework which he/she then uses to
"ratchet up" her/his level of development.  Not a dichotomy, lo vs. hi or mind
vs. machine, but (ideally, and to use your fluid/crystal metaphor) a
confluence.

This may be gibberish--I'm a bit tired.

yes  no

Discussion Help