Subject:   RE: Teaching Mathematics as a Science
Author: Jonathan
Date: Aug 23 2004
here's the short of it:

I think the benefits of treating the classroom as a place for "scientific
experimentation" is that the students are able to get multiple representations
of the same concept.  Going along the lines of multiple intelligences, it helps
if we can define a concept if we can see it visually, repeat it orally, apply
it, give an example of it, etc.  As I start student teaching next semester, I'm
starting to think that some of the best teachers are able to show a concept in
as many representations as possible.

-jon

yes  no

Discussion Help