Subject:   RE: Computer Tools at PreK2
Author: lanius
Date: Aug 26 2004
This may be a bit tangential to the discussion (which I am appreciating very
much), but the fabulous software series the Zoombinis by the Learning Company.
is an excellent logical thinking series for pre-school.

To add to Suzanne's comment, it is very interesting to lay the physical
manipulatives on the table by the computer and watch children go back and forth
from the manipulatives to the virtual as they work through a task. And by the
way, I don't have any real research on this, but it seems to me that the younger
children are more likely to switch back and forth when appropriate. The middle
school and up children are more stubbornly wed to the computer, in my
observations.

yes  no

Discussion Help