Subject:   RE: Fractions, concept and calculations
Author: lanius
Date: Oct 15 2004
Thanks for all the great posts on this subject. So I thought maybe we could
respond to Gene's suggestion by finding tools that we like to use with
conceptually teaching fractions.

I'll start and I"ll even collate the list after people have posted.

1) http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool/986/m4 ,6.4,tool,ALL/
"This game encourages students to compare relative sizes of fractions and get
used to adding fractions with different denominators. Related pages offer
teachers the opportunity to reflect on teaching and learning with the applet."
It's also fun -- cyn

Also, don't forget to just punch out a number on the evaluation while you're
there.

Thanks,
cynthia

yes  no