Subject:   RE: Fractions, concept and calculations
Author: ihor
Date: Oct 18 2005
About a year ago Cynthia started a thread about teaching fractions which I want
to add to. I've been using a Microworlds applet
( http://mathforum.org/mathtools/activity/15465/ ) with teachers and students and
have discovered that students come up with interesting strategies to find a
fraction that "lives" on a number line between two given fractions. See my Darts
story ( http://ciese.org/ciesemath/story2.3.html ) for more about that.

Also the CIESEmath group at Stevens has created a new version of fraction and
decimal darts. It's still a beta version but I would be interested in your
feedback. (I'll also submit the tool for reviewing here in mathtools.) See
http://www.ciese.org/ciesemath/dartsgames.html

-Ihor

yes  no

Discussion Help