Subject:   RE: CALCULUS MADE EASY APP TOOL
Author: Mathman
Date: Sep 26 2004
On Aug 12 2004, SCOTTD wrote:
> I have owned and worked with the Hewlett Packard's 48gx which I
> really love and the new 49G+ which is better than the 49, but not by
> much.  The TI's were relatively new to me until this semester.  I
> purchased the Titanium 89 and wow!! what a new world!!

>One of
> these programs is the Calculus Made Easy.  It really helped me and I
> know that for the first three semesters in calculus it can become
> invaluable.

Hi,

How exactly did it improve your chances?  How do you know you could not have
done so well otherwise?  This is a sincere request.  I was known to finish 3h
exams in just over an hour, and did not have then the benefit of today's
calculator.  I am curious as an educator to know what works, but also why.  One
problem I find, if you'll excuse me, is that calculus is not on the whole
"easy".  I do not see a magic pill approach to learning as being totally
satisfactory.  Most deep, sincere study that I have been involved in took a LOT
of hard work and effort.

Thanks for any input into this important issue.  My concern is that I have seen
courses changed to accommodate the use of the calculator, but not always for the
better, so I'd value your opinion.  Those seeing the newer courses without the
benefit of the old have nothing to compare.

Regards,
David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Calculus Made Easy App tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help