Subject:   algebra tiles
Author: George Reese
Date: Feb 22 2004
http://matti.usu.edu/nlvm/nav/frames_asid_189_g_4_t_2.html

Eric,
I'm glad you found these. I hadn't seen them before.
As someone who has always found algebra tiles to be harder than algebra, I found
the "activities" that just tell you to illustrate a property not very helpful.

On the other hand, some people find these visualizing tools are a breakthrough
in terms of understanding what's going on, and perhaps just playing with them in
a task-oriented way can bring that about. But I think some examples would
help.

George

yes  no
Post a new topic to the (missing item) discussion
Visit related discussions:
Algebra
Factoring

Discussion Help