Subject:   then again
Author: George Reese
Date: Feb 22 2004
Well, playing with it some more, I think just reading the instructions may be
enough.

To those who have used algebra tiles with their students (Suzanne?), how much
time do you spend with them and how long does it take students to catch on?

George

On Feb 22, 2004, George Reese wrote:

http://matti.usu.edu/nlvm/nav/frames_asid_189_g_4_t_2.html

Eric,
I'm glad you found these. I hadn't seen them before.
As someone who has always found algebra tiles to be harder than algebra, I found
the "activities" that just tell you to illustrate a property not very helpful.

On the other hand, some people find these visualizing tools are a breakthrough
in terms of understanding what's going on, and perhaps just playing with them in
a task-oriented way can bring that about. But I think some examples would
help.

George

yes  no
Post a new topic to the (missing item) discussion
Visit related discussions:
Algebra
Factoring

Discussion Help