Subject:   abacus
Author: Tony Lee
Date: Feb 18 2004
I used to learn abacus – 20 years ago -, and it actually helped me to learn
math skills. I think it is much more helpful for students than using a
calculator. I think this virtual abacus is useful because it is hard to find a
real abacus these days – they are only considered as antiques or toys.

I wish this tool can show the actual numbers if the user moves the beads around.
So the users can check their calculation. If you don’t know how to use abacus,
it could be difficult to use in math classes.

I found a similar tool that does this type of calculation for the users.
http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/java/AbacusAppJS.html
Thank you.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Abacus tool Discussion discussion
Visit related discussions:
Math 7

Discussion Help