Subject:   RE: (no subject)
Author: jon
Date: Apr 6 2004
I also appreciated the way the applet set up the calculation of the GCF.
However, I thought that the applet wasn't really conducive for creating a more
intuitive approach to calculating the LCM.

Also, it seems almost too easy for students to just punch in random numbers to
get the correct factorization.  For some students, this may simply become a
guessing game.

-jon

On Feb 10, 2004, MikeE wrote:

http://matti.usu.edu/nlvm/nav/frames_asid_202_g_3_t_1.html

I enjoyed the way the calculation of the GCF is explained.  Using the Venn
diagrams is much easier than strictly relying on rules based interpretations.
The feature I most enjoy is the factor tree matching factors from both numbers
as they are moved to the common factors region.

I also appreciated the applet's ability to handle multiple representations of an
answer.

It would be beneficial if the applet would prompt for a correct factor instead
of simply flashing a cursor when a mistake is made.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Factor Tree tool Discussion discussion
Visit related discussions:
Math 7

Discussion Help