Subject:   (no subject)
Author: Mark V.
Date: Nov 21 2003
Yes i think having fun will help middle school students want to use the applet.
I think if you have an applet it will help you to understand the problem.
Because i believe some people think and understand better with a visual aid. So
yes, the fun did transfer to understanding the math behind the problem.

Paper and pencil is easier for me i guess, because this was a pretty simple math
problem. This to me was more of a guess and check method, so it wasnt that hard
for me to do.

On Nov 21, 2003, Suzanne wrote:

Do you think having "fun" with the applet is a reason to use it with middle
school kids? Did any of the fun that you had transfer to understanding the math
behind this problem?

Why was paper/pencil easier for you with the Hispaniola problem? Was it because
doing the problem on paper is easier or do you think that if the applet were
designed another way, then the applet would be the preferable method?

yes  no
Post a new topic to the The Hispaniola Water Shortage tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help