Subject:   We need a version of BASIC to program in
Author: Susan1066
Date: Apr 12 2011
My high school has been using True BASIC for many years for teaching computer
programming as part of learning math.  We've created wonderful projects that
kids program in grades 9-12 and have integrated it across our courses.  Part
of our success is the very basic nature of BASIC.  Unfortunately, we are
upgrading our operating system Windows 7 and can't get it to work.  Can you help
me find a different version of BASIC?  I know there are jazzy new software
packages that do cool things, but we'd have to totally re-write our projects
and the teachers and current students would have to learn an entirely new
language.  That would take time and effort away from teaching and learning math
- plus, we really love our current approaches and projects.
Any help or ideas about where to look would be sincerely appreciated!

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Algebra on Computer discussion
Visit related discussions:
Algebra
Computer
Tools