Subject:   RE: Can anyone use this? (Geometry)
Author: Mathman
Date: Feb 14 2005
On Feb 12 2005, tackweed wrote:
> http://www2.whidbey.net/ohmsmath/webwork/javascript/side2angle.htm
> This is a tool I wrote to check student work. They were supposed to
> draw a triangle, measure the sides and the angles, and them make two
> more triangles, one with a scale factor of 2 and the other with a
> scale factor of 0.5.

I don't know how you prepared it, Jeff, but it is not accurate.  Check sides
3,4,5 which should give a 90 dead on.  However, since it is for your own
reference, what the hey.

You could do as much and more in a simple spreadsheet application, I think.

How would you use it in grade 7?  What are they trying to study?  Since you say
they are drawing the triangles, it isn't likely the simplest application,
similarity, so is it trigonometric solution of triangles?

David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Geometry on JavaScript discussion
Visit related discussions:
Geometry
JavaScript
Tools