Subject:   An Introduction to the eNLVM -- Monday
Author: Suzanne
Date: Aug 6 2005
Joel Duffin from The National Library of Virtual Manipulatives (NLVM) project at
Utah State University, has organized three events for us! All of the events
center around learning about eNLVM, an NSF funded project that extends NLVM by
creating learning units called eModules that utilize mathlets from the NLVM and
other websites.

If you are going to join our Chat Event, we suggest that you review both the
eNLVM material but also the ConcertChat information. If you have questions,
please post them to this discussion thread and we'll be happy to respond!

eNLVM ConcertChat Event 1
"An Introduction to the eNLVM"
Monday August 8, 3:00 ET - Chat with eNLVM developers about the eNLVM
project

Joel asks that you please review the following before coming to the chat
event:

1. Read a one page flyer describing highlights of the project
     http://enlvm.usu.edu/ma/nav/doc/enlvm_flyer.pdf

2. Read the eNLVM Learn More page
     http://enlvm.usu.edu/ma/nav/doc/index.jsp

3. View Flash movie tutorials introducing the eNLVM
     http://enlvm.usu.edu/ma/nav/doc/index.jsp #flashtutorial

If you've not used ConcertChat before, read a little about how it works:
     http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=1184511

When you're ready, download the file used to join the chat:
http://home.old.mathforum.org/concertChat/webstart.jsp?channelID=ToolFest%20eNLVM%20Chat1

There are two other eNLVM events planned for this week, one on Wednesday and
another on Friday. I am posting specific instructions for those events in two
other messages. Please let us know if you have questions. See you there!

Sincerely,
Suzanne

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content on Java Applet discussion

Discussion Help