Subject:   Overview of eNLVM eModules -- Wednesday
Author: Suzanne
Date: Aug 6 2005
This is a post explaining our second event planned for Wednesday during the week
of August 8-12, 2005.

Joel Duffin from The National Library of Virtual Manipulatives (NLVM) project at
Utah State University, has organized three events for us! All of the events
center around learning about eNLVM, an NSF funded project that extends NLVM by
creating learning units called eModules that utilize mathlets from the NLVM and
other websites.

If you are going to join our Chat Event, we suggest that you review both the
eNLVM material but also the ConcertChat information. If you have questions,
please post them to this discussion thread and we'll be happy to respond!

eNLVM ConcertChat Event 2
"Overview of eNLVM eModules (learning units)"
Wednesday August 10, 1:00 ET - Chat with eNLVM developers about eModules

Joel asks that you please review, rate, and discuss eModules in the Math Tools
discussions:

- Fraction Concepts
     http://mathforum.org/mathtools/lesson/20064/

- Perimeter and Area
   http://mathforum.org/mathtools/lesson/20068/

- Geometric Transformations
   http://mathforum.org/mathtools/lesson/20072/

- Writing Equations of Lines
   http://mathforum.org/mathtools/lesson/20074/

- Integer Arithmetic
   http://mathforum.org/mathtools/lesson/20070/

- Patterns, Relations, and Functions
   http://mathforum.org/mathtools/lesson/20073/

- Working with Place Value
   http://mathforum.org/mathtools/lesson/20069/

- Right Triangle Geometry
   http://mathforum.org/mathtools/lesson/20071/

- Transformations of Functions
   http://mathforum.org/mathtools/lesson/20076/

If you've not used ConcertChat before, read a little about how it works:
     http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=1184511

When you're ready, download the file used to join the chat:
http://home.old.mathforum.org/concertChat/webstart.jsp?channelID=ToolFest%20eNLVM%20Chat2

There are two other eNLVM events planned for this week, one on Monday and
another on Friday. I am posting specific instructions for those events in two
other messages. Please let us know if you have questions. See you there!

Sincerely,
Suzanne

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Content on Java Applet discussion

Discussion Help