Subject:   RE: Functions as objects?
Author: Mathman
Date: Nov 30 2005
On Nov 30 2005, Susan wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  I guess I should have stated what
> technology problem I was trying to solve.  The Smartboard software
> allows you to draw the parent function, and you can rotate and
> dilate, but you can't reflect or compress/expand horizontally or
> vertically independently.

Now I'm curious [but not smart - board.]  You can move the graph.  Does the
function that describes it change accordingly as it is moved?  I can see going
from a changed function to the graph, but can not see, or know of any software
that will, deriving the function from a repositioning of the graph ...well not
immediately at least; the relation can be found from given or determined points
on the graph, at least approximately in general.

David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Algebra II on Sketchpad discussion
Visit related discussions:
Algebra II
Sketchpad
Tools