Subject:   Probability & Simultaneous Equations Java Applets
Author: Si
Date: Apr 11 2006

Hello,

I have just put up two applets in the in the web site shown below. One applet is
for Probability calculations, where it does experimental simulations, equally
likely events, probability tree. Probability applet, to see calculation, you
have to select a single row or a range of rows from table of that specific
section when it has been populated with the results of the calculation. The
second applet is for solving step-by-step of a pair of simultaneous
equations either by 'substitution' or 'elimination' methods. Different
arrangements (based on the subject) of an equation are available to the user to
select. In-equation of a pair of simultaneous equations is also available
where the intersection is shaded. There are only two applets that are currently
available from my site, however there are more that I will be uploading over
time when I can get some spare time. Those 2 applets are:

- "Simultaneous Equations" under the "Algebra" section.
- "Probability” under the "Probability & Statistics" section.

There is no documentations for the applets, I mean a no user guide yet. I
believe that there can be no problem for anyone to use them. However I will try
at the weekend to write some short notes as user guide so that students can use
them with minimal help from teachers. I am sure that teachers would have no
problem in figuring out of their use pretty quickly. There are dead-links on
my site which they I listed them as:

Algebra Applet 1, Algebra Applet 2, ...
Probability Applet 1, Probability Applet 2, ...

These are just stubs and not links for applets. They will become active when I
uploaded more applet files soon.

http://geocities.com/mathsforhighschool/

Cheers,
Sione.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Algebra on Java Applet discussion
Visit related discussions:
Algebra
Java Applet
Tools