Subject:   RE: Intigration
Author: Mathman
Date: Apr 29 2006
On Apr 27 2006, Alan Cooper wrote:
> I agree with David that the obvious first step is partial fractions

Hmmmmm... I did that part the old fashioned way, pencil and paper; it didn't
take much effort.  Re Maple: A quote from Will Smith in "Independence Day" ..."I
got to get me one of these!"  I have had only a peek at some rather old versions
of Maple, Derive, Mupad, and have never seen Mathematica.  It would be
interesting to have a definitive comparison of applications and general
usefulness of several symbolic algebra packages.  However that would be an
onerous task, but not so bad if boards of education would provide them.

I'll see if I can form a decent listing of some graphing packages I've come
across here and there.

David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Activities in Calculus on Computer Algebra System discussion
Visit related discussions:
Calculus
Computer Algebra System
Activities