Subject:   RE: Intigration
Author: ihor
Date: May 4 2006
On May  4 2006, Mathman wrote:
> On May  3 2006, ihor wrote:
>I was
> thinking about more mundane
> things like calculators or computers,
> not nuclear devices.. :-)
> Should they be available at all times?
> Ideally, yes.

>Sigh.  I
> knew this might be a can of worms, and do apologise if it becomes
> too extensive.

David,
We have been down this road a few times and your position on this is clear. I
think that we should just agree to disagree on the issue of when it is
appropriate to use calculating devices.

Since this is a mathtools discussion forum and there other forums currently
available that continue to debate this issue, I would prefer to discuss here
software tools that teachers find useful at any grade level.

Thanks,
Ihor

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Activities in Calculus on Computer Algebra System discussion
Visit related discussions:
Calculus
Computer Algebra System
Activities