Subject:   RE: Homework
Author: John Mac
Date: Aug 14 2006
I think the replies to my homework question:

Re:How do you motivate students to do homework?

are in.
Thank to all respondents.

My conclusions are, and my strategy for this semester will be:

(a).  I will give some credit for good homework

(b).  I will find out who is doing homework early and often:

I will ask students to put all of their homework into a
specialized composition book, neatly and categorized.
Frequently I will say, after asking if there are questions on homework,
'Textbook closed:  Open your composition book and copy on a clean sheet of
paper, problems x, y, and z. and turn them in.'

Now the new work for today is, etc.

Thanks again,

John Mac

yes  no