Subject:   RE: home work
Author: John Mac
Date: Oct 21 2006
I teach remedial math, and I am looking for ways to get students to do
homework.

We all see how skilled students are at video games!!
They seem to enjoy them!

We all wonder if there is some video game that could be invented that teaches
the players math skills.

However, the skills that are needed to play these games are really just
primitive motor skills.  (Get an object to the proper place and do the right
thing).

Personally, I do not see how a skill like solving a quadratic equation could be
made directly into a game.

However, I do see how the game could be like "Who Wants to be a Millionaire"
where the correct answer moves the player closer to a goal (like owning more
money).

Do any of you think that this is possible, or would get the students attention.

The basic "I walked to school barefoot in the snow and so can you" idea about
homework is not working.

John Mac

yes  no
Visit related discussions: