Subject:   RE: Using Sketchpad to illustrate coterminal angles
Author: NateB
Date: Mar 10 2008
Lillian,
Here is a trick that my friend Rob Rumppe showed me.  Create two points A and B
on a circle with center C.  Measure the angle ACB.  Now create a measurement and
multiply measure of angle ACB by (for example) 10.  Then "mark" the new (bigger)
angle.  Now rotate point B by the marked angle around center C.  The transformed
(rotated) angle will be able to get around the circle five times as B goes to
pi.

I used this trick (but only to get to 2pi) in a circular trig sketch which can
be found on this site:

http://nateburchell.googlepages.com/index.html

I hope that this helps

Nate Burchell

On Mar 10 2008, Lillian wrote:
> Does anyone know if there's a way to illustrate angles with measures
> greater than 2pi using Sketchpad.  I'd love be able to draw a unit
> circle, put a point on the unit circle, animate it, and display the
> radian measure of the arc formed as the point goes around the
> circle, and have it not start over at 0 every time the point goes
> around the circle.

Thanks,
Lillian

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Trigonometry on Sketchpad discussion
Visit related discussions:
Trigonometry
Sketchpad
Tools