Subject:   RE: Using Sketchpad to illustrate coterminal angles
Author: LFS
Date: Mar 11 2008
Hiya!
Sorry - I don't use GSP but this may help:

Here is a parametric function that winds backwards 5 and forward 5.
Curve[(1 + t / z) cos(t * 2 * pi), (1 + t / z) sin(t * 2 * pi), t, -5, 5]
If you set z=10 you can "see" the spiral.
If you set z=100 you can just use the endpoint (change the range) as the
terminal point.

In GeoGebra (freeware), this didn't give the visual effect I wanted  - so I used
different colored circles:
see: http://mathcasts.org/mtwiki/GlossaryT/AnglesCoterminal

Probably this won't help you, but I had fun doing it :)
Many regards.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Trigonometry on Sketchpad discussion
Visit related discussions:
Trigonometry
Sketchpad
Tools