Subject:   times tables Bingo game
Author: DanielAjoy
Date: Aug 18 2009
For a couple of years now I've been creating printable resources for the
learning of school math. And this time I'm exploring the possibility of creating
*printable* materials for a times tables Bingo game.

There are a few on the Internet, of two types mainly:

* The teacher takes a problem from a bag, say "2x6" and, if the students have
the number 12 in their cards, they mark it.

* The teacher takes an answer from the bag, say "12" and if the students have
the "problem" than corresponds with that answer they mark it. In this case there
are two possibilities: 2x6 o 3x4

Which of the two variants is more useful for learning?

How important is to ask the students to create their own cards? Considering
that, in the time they take to make them, the whole class could play too or
three more rounds, if the cards are pre-made and distributed?

Has anyone try this activity? What do you think?

Daniel

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Activities in Math 3 on Computer discussion
Visit related discussions:
Math 3
Computer
Activities