Subject:   Kenken puzzles
Author: MarcJL
Date: Aug 2 2009
For the last few years I have had a bin of Sudoku puzzles that kids could do for
fun and ostensibly for extra credit.  These are good logic puzzles.

I recently discovered Kenken puzzles.  These seem to provide practice with both
logic and simple arithmetic operations at the same time.

Will Shortz, the NYTimes puzzle maker has published several books with puzzles
by Tetsuya Miyamoto, a Japanese math teacher.  Marilyn Burns has written a
little encouraging essay in a few of these books.

I am planning to use these puzzles alongside the Sudokus or offer them as an
activity on the web.  There are a few sites that allow kids to choose the level
of difficulty and to generate an online puzzle to solve and check.

Has anyone had any experience using Kenken puzzles?

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Activities on Computer discussion
Visit related discussions:
Computer
Activities

Discussion Help