Subject:   RE: Can anyone use this? (Geometry)
Author: Karore
Date: Feb 15 2005
Seems very good, If you like to develop more tools like this to make Mathematics
interesting please contact me at statistics@shaw.ca

On Feb 14 2005, Mathman wrote:
> On Feb 12 2005, tackweed wrote:
>
> http://www2.whidbey.net/ohmsmath/webwork/javascript/side2angle.htm
> > This is a tool I wrote to check student work. They were supposed
> draw a triangle, measure the sides and the angles, and them
> make two
> more triangles, one with a scale factor of 2 and the
> other with a
> scale factor of 0.5.

I don't know how you
> prepared it, Jeff, but it is not accurate.  Check sides 3,4,5 which
> should give a 90 dead on.  However, since it is for your own
> reference, what the hey.

You could do as much and more in a
> simple spreadsheet application, I think.

How would you use it in
> grade 7?  What are they trying to study?  Since you say they are
> drawing the triangles, it isn't likely the simplest application,
> similarity, so is it trigonometric solution of triangles?

David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Geometry on JavaScript discussion
Visit related discussions:
Geometry
JavaScript
Tools