Subject:   RE: fractions
Author: r!chard
Date: Nov 5 2004
Hi Ana,

The website of the college where you teach describes itself as "tailored for
Puerto Ricans." Does this student study at Boriqua (or Boricua?)?

On Nov  5 2004, mathias wrote:
> were do i start teaching a student about fractions

Without knowing more about your teaching resources or about your student (a
Spanish-speaking undergraduate?), may I recommend the Math Forum's
Teacher2Teacher service? T2T Associates have supported many teachers as they
help students understand fractions:

Fraction Help: How can I help my students understand fractions?
   http://mathforum.org/t2t/faq/faq.fraction.html

In the meantime, please say a little more about your student or teaching
resources; or about the software or conversations in the Math Tools digital
library you've already looked at.

In particular, Ana -- have you seen the recent Math Tools conversation about
software effective in the teaching of fractions?

Fractions, concept and calculations
   http://mathforum.org/mathtools/discuss.html?context=dtype&do=m&thread=_____round-110

Yours,
r!chard

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Activities in Math 7 for Fractions <--> decimals on PowerPoint discussion
Visit related discussions:
Math 7
Fractions <--> decimals
PowerPoint