Subject:   RE: 7th grade math - what would you do?
Author: Susan
Date: Aug 6 2007
On Aug  6 2007, jlbmagic wrote:
> Hey all.

What would you do if you got a job at a charter school
> that didn't have a curriculum to follow.  Instead, the 7th grade
> standards are there for you to teach?

Would you search
> desperately for a curriculum, or would you pull all sorts of
> materials together to teach the standards?

I'm in that situation
> and am worried that the materials I pull together won't be adequate
> enough, as a curriculum program would be (assuming that curriculum
> programs are adequate enough).

Please let me know what you'd do.
> Oh and by the way, school starts in 1 week.

thanks

You don't say how much experience you have.  I am very experienced but I would
never try to create a whole curriculum, especially this late in the game.  I
would choose one book and use that as a path to follow, and then take diversions
along the way.  This way you won't get lost...you will always be able to get
back on the path, but you will be able to explore other things that interest
both you and the class by just wandering off.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Lesson Plans in Math 7 discussion
Visit related discussions:
Math 7
Lesson Plans

Discussion Help