Subject:   Geometry Spatial Sense
Author: WandaB
Date: Jun 14 2005
Tool: Building Houses

Freudenthal Institute
http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool/16771/

Provides a "building pad" for constructing block houses.
Building pad is dynamic; top, front, and side views of constructed objects are
shown.

I get really excited when I find awesome virtual tools and this one did just
that! Using this tool, students were able to construct three dimensional
creations and view all perspectives - top, front, side. When I used this tool, I
had students create their own house out of blocks and draw the different
perspectives. They then reproduced their house using this tool to verify the
accuracy of their drawings.

This tool mentioned in the February 2005 newsletter. The newsletters are an
excellent place to discover 'new tools'.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools discussion

Discussion Help