Subject:   scaling on coordinate plane
Author: Bethany
Date: Jun 15 2005
Guess I wasn't too clear in my first message.  I meant scaling in the terms
labeling axes on a graph.  For instance, a problem I gave my students:

You work at a jewelry store and earn $200 per week as a base salary.  You earn
15% commission.  We then created a table of values for how much  you would earn
if you sold $1000 worth of jewelry in a week, $2000, $5000, $10000.  WE
developed a linear function to represent the table and then graphed on paper.

The biggest struggle in this (and other similar) exercises was getting them to
think about how to best label the x and y axes.

Hopefully this clears it up.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Math 7 discussion
Visit related discussions:
Math 7
Tools

Discussion Help