Subject:   RE: Sketchpad - copy/paste
Author: Suzanne
Date: Jul 24 2005
All of the suggestions that have been posted that explain how to get screenshots
on a PC and make jpegs or gifs that way sound good. (For Mac users just use
SHIFT + COMMAND + 4 and you're able to get a "selected" screen shot. Once that
is on your desktop use Graphic Converter or some similar utility to convert the
png or pict file to a jpeg or gif.)

I'm wondering, though, if you are asking about jpegs and gifs because you want
to put the Sketchpad graphic into another program? Annie has explained to me
that there are different results that you get when you bring Sketchpad images
into different programs. She has told me that to get smooth, good images, the
best method is to copy/paste. When I looked at the Help file that ycc suggested,
it reminded me of Annie's advice. I've included the text from the Help file
below to explain the idea.

Suzanne

----------------
text from Sketchpad's Help menu:
----------------
You can produce high-quality images of geometric constructions using the Copy
and Paste commands. For instance, you can construct a triangle in Sketchpad,
select the triangle, and choose Copy from the Edit menu. Switch to your word
processor and use Paste to put an image of the triangle into your
word-processor document. When you use the Copy command, the image placed on
the clipboard is not a bitmap, but encodes the actual graphics commands used to
draw the object in the sketch. The resulting image displays smooth diagonal
lines, circles, and text, even when scaled or when printed on a
high-resolution printer. You can even use illustration programs to edit or
embellish individual components of images copied to the clipboard.

The clipboard graphics format in Windows is both EMF (Enhanced Metafile) and WMF
(Windows Metafile); on Macintosh itís PICT. Most advanced graphics programs can
use both formats.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Geometry on Sketchpad discussion
Visit related discussions:
Geometry
Sketchpad
Tools