Subject:   Demise of Green Globs
Author: ihor
Date: Jul 25 2005
I spoke with the folks at Sunburst at the NECC conference about future updates
of Green Globs and found out that there are no plans for it at this time.
Apparently one of the original co-authors has the rights to it and is not
interested in updating it.

Since it is one of my favorite programs and I do not want to see it fade into
obsolescence so I'm interested in alternative development strategies - possibly
an "open source" version.

The closest software  that  I have found that is similar to globs is:

Shooting balls ( http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool/15083/ )

which was developed by the Freudenthal Institute. It's Ok, but limited.

Anyone have thoughts on what could be done? Could a flash version of Globs be
developed?

-Ihor

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools discussion

Discussion Help