Subject:   DE Software
Author: scruff
Date: Aug 12 2005
I have used the software Differential Systems by Herman Gollwitzer
for MANY years. I am interested in a similar package. I am not
interested in Maple (we have it), Matlab , etc

What features resulted in me using this for 15 years?
  - no manual required
  - no programming required
  - independent of textbook
  - available in MAC format
  - just type , point and click

This software was reviewed by Keith Devlin in 1990 after I gave a
brief demo. He said, and I still agree, that it was just what we need
in the classroom

No frills. Does about every (graphical ) thing you could want in an
intro DE course. VERY inexpensive. And anyone with a basic knowledge
of ODE's would not need assistance OR a manual.

It is outdated but I have found nothing close to it in simplicity and
still plenty powerful enough for an intro course

Any information on similar software would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
kevin farrell

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Calculus on Computer discussion
Visit related discussions:
Calculus
Computer
Tools