Subject:   RE: surface area and volume for prism
Author: Mathman
Date: Feb 20 2006
On Feb 19 2006, safa wrote:
> i want to use computer to teach my students , can you give me a link
> to help to teach this unit, plz help i want it immediatly ]
thanks

Why does that need a computer? Stack some coins together, or some dominoes, or
any such similar shapes, even ceramic magnets for a bit of fun while doing it
[keep a count of them].  A prism isn't as complicated as a pyramid.  Surface
area can be calculated easily, and they can be made out of flat paper cutouts,
either rectangular or circular, and so put together and opened up to show total
surface area to be calculated and added together.  Stacking, as suggested, leads
to a discussion of volume.

You can't beat hands-on for experience and understanding. Leave the computer
for something more complex and difficult.

David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Algebra on Computer discussion
Visit related discussions:
Algebra
Computer
Tools