Subject:   RE: Dead 83
Author: markovchaney
Date: Oct 8 2006
This seems obvious, but you did pull the backup battery, right? That's necessary
to unfreeze the little suckers sometimes.

On Oct  7 2006, moenikonjones wrote:
> HI,

I have a TI-83 which died recently. The screen is displaying
> bits of text, but mostly just random pixels. I tried reinstalling
> the OS from another calculator, and it was succesful, but the screen
> still is not cooperating. I currently have the batteries out of it,
> and am discharging the capacitor and board to see if that does the
> trick. Any ideas?

Micah Warf

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools on TI Calculator discussion
Visit related discussions:
Texas Instruments
Tools

Discussion Help