Subject:   RE: wiki
Author: Susan
Date: Nov 13 2006
On Nov 11 2006, Susan wrote:
> Has anyone ever set up a wiki page?  Is it hard to do?  How have you
> used it in your classes?

I've never answered my own post before, but a colleague of mine shared a
terrific website that is offering 100,000 free wikis to k-12 educators:
http://www.wikispaces.com/site/for/teachers100K

Starting one is simple--just use their help screens and watch the explantions.
I am so happy!

One thing I plan to do is have students write a paragraph with 200 words, then
the next student will write a new paragraph with 100 words, then the next
student will write 50 words..and by the time we get down to one word...I think
they will visually see exponential decay right before their eyes.  Since I teach
online, I need to do it this way instead of doing it face to face in the
classroom.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:
Computer