Subject:   RE: Demise of Green Globs
Author: ginnyaaa
Date: Jan 18 2007
Hi,

It is great news that Green Globs is being developed as a native Mac OSX
version, but unfortunately it is not yet ready. I just called to order it having
seen the email below and I was told by Customer Service to check back late
Spring, and if not then, to check back in Fall 2007.

Ginny Blake
Math department coordinator
Lincoln-Sudbury Regional HS

On Jan 10 2006, david sunburst wrote:
> HI,

I spotted this thread and thought you would like to know that
> we and the product's authors have just begun development on a Mac
> OSX version of Green Globs that we hope can be released sometime in
> 2006. Please note that this is not a formal announcement of such a
> release, which will be made when we can give details on a true
> release date.

Thanks for your ongoing interest in this product.
> Best,

David Wolff
SVP, Development
Sunburst Technology

On
> Jul 25 2005, ihor wrote:
> I spoke with the folks at Sunburst at
> the NECC conference about
> future updates of Green Globs and found
> out that there are no plans
> for it at this time. Apparently one
> of the original co-authors has
> the rights to it and is not
> interested in updating it.

Since it
> is one of my favorite
> programs and I do not want to see it fade into
> obsolescence so
> I'm interested in alternative development strategies
> - possibly
> an "open source" version.

The closest software  that
> I have
> found that is similar to globs is:

Shooting balls

> ( http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool/15083/ )

which was developed
> > by the Freudenthal Institute. It's Ok, but limited.

Anyone
> have
> thoughts on what could be done? Could a flash version of
> Globs be
> developed?

-Ihor

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools discussion

Discussion Help